PeaceHealth - Springfield, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a RNFA - Surgery Coordinator - Operating Room for a 0.6 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 178041
Advanced practice position that coordinates safe, efficient, peri-operative care of patients undergoing surgery. Directs operating room activities to achieve optimal operational efficiency, service and clinical excellence. Assists the surgeon with specific intraoperative procedures that are beyond the scope of practice for registered nurses without RNFA education and training. Intraoperatively, the RNFA functions interdependently with the surgeon and applies knowledge, skill, and judgment necessary to assist the surgeon in performing a safe operation that yields optimal results for the patient. May provide direct care to patients using the nursing process preoperatively, intraoperatively, and postoperatively.
- Collaborates with other health team members to develop, coordinate and implement a perioperative plan of care unique to individual patient needs.
- Functions as the team leader in the OR suite coordinating safe and efficient flow of the surgical case, including room turnover, patient positioning, case set up, appropriate opening of surgical supplies.
- Coordinates and schedules assistants for surgical procedures.
- Provides surgical assistance within the scope of practice for RNFAs Skillfully applies principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Recognizes safety hazards and initiates appropriate preventative and/or corrective actions to ensure a safe environment for the patient and surgical team throughout the perioperative experience.
- Collaborates with Operating Room Leadership in process improvement, training of new staff, evaluation and cost effective use of supplies, maintaining accurate preference lists, and monitoring program metrics.
- Evaluates the outcomes of nursing care and ensures continuity of care by communicating pertinent patient information to staff
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of a recognized RNFA program.
- Participates in continuing education programs to maintain and enhance clinical competencies related to both perioperative nursing and RNFA practice.
- Has excellent knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology and operative technique specific to operative procedures to work in collaboration with the surgeon.
• Current Oregon Registered Nurse License required.
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
• CRNFA or CNOR certification required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enhance team functioning in the operating room.
- Maintains professional manner at all times, demonstrating flexibility, sound judgment and adaptability in decision-making, problem solving and team building to function as an effective team member.
- Has demonstrated leadership skills that enhance team functioning in an emergency situation.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift, push, pull objects weighing 75 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids or sharp items.
- Job duties require intense concentration and attention to detail up to 3 -4-65% of work time.
Referral Bonus Eligible
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $43.88, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Nursing || Peri-Operative Nursing || Part Time || SURGICAL SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.