PeaceHealth - Florence, OR
Attention Surgical Techs!
Are you looking for your next adventure? Do you want a career where you are busy and able to grow professionally, with the freedom and opportunity to be leisurely at home? Do you enjoy working a variety of surgical procedures, and believe each patient deserves safe, evidence-based, and compassionate care?
If so, Peace Harbor Medical Center in Florence, OR might be the place for you!
Located in one of USA Today’s “Best Small Town for Adventure,” Florence, OR, is a beautiful coastal community with a variety of activities for outdoor enthusiasts. Enjoy a lifestyle inspired by the great outdoors, offering its own scenic Northwest landscape and abundant recreational opportunities. Florence is a beautiful coastal town with many national parks, lighthouses, sand dunes and arboretums with different species of flora unique to a coastal rainforest. We also have great outdoor activities including camping, hiking, crabbing and fishing (deep sea, lake or river).
Ready to begin your adventure with PeaceHealth? Please keep reading and apply today!
PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgical Technologist - Operating Room - Relocation Assistance up to $5,000 for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours, and will be expected to take call 3 nights per week and every 3rd weekend. This position will work Orthopedics (including total joints), Podiatry, General Surgery, Endoscopies, OB/GYN (including C-sections) and cataract surgery.
Req ID: 177996
This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
1. Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
2. Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
3. Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
4. Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
5. Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
6. Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology school or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- If LPN, graduation from an accredited LPN program is required.
- One year experience as a surgical technologist/LPN in a full service operating room preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to execute detailed procedures with accuracy and precision
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Understanding of operating room protocols
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- If LPN, licensure in the State of Oregon is required.
- If not an LPN, must meet the following:
- Completion of an educational program for surgical technologists accredited by a national accreditation organization approved by the Oregon Health Authority AND
- Holds and maintains a surgical technologist certification issued by a nationally accredited certifying organization for surgical technologists.
- In lieu of above, must have completed a US Military Surgical Technologist Training Program and must complete 16 hours of continuing education every two years.
- For those who have practiced surgical technology in a health care facility in Oregon or another state or as an employee of an agency or institution of the federal government for at least two of the three years prior to January 1, 2017, certification is not required but caregiver must complete 16 hours of continuing education every two years.
PEACE HARBOR PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Florence community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Florence, Peace Harbor Hospital (507)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $DOE, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.