PeaceHealth - Springfield, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a House Supervisor - Access Center (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 178082
Responsible for monitoring the overall services, developing quality and performance indicators, gathering data for analysis as well as ensuring continuous improvement to optimize services and stewardship of resources. Supervises daily activities, focusing on operations and effective use of resources within established budget. Responsible for operational performance including the quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Makes administrative decisions, provides direction and authorizes and acts in the absence of the department manager and/or hospital administration.
- Provide leadership for clinical excellence, personnel management, resource management, fiscal accountability and maintenance of positive working relationships with staff, physicians, managers, patients, their families and the public. Communicates appropriately with the person served regardless of their age.
- Make assessment rounds of all patient care areas throughout the hospital at least once per shift. Provide support, guidance, and education for the staff and assists them as needed. Keeps managers and directors apprised of bed capacity and barriers to patient placements, including the need to consider treat & transfer. Responds to codes and RRTs, coordinates caregivers responding to codes.
- Direct and collaborate with the staffing coordinator/office or Charge Nurse in decision making of how nursing units are staffed and intervene in patient placement issues.
- Promote problem identification, investigates hospital incidents, facilitate resolution and follow up and communicate as necessary, assists in documentation of incidents.
- Act as contact for news media, law enforcement agencies, coroner, etc. when indicated.
- Assist with the coordination of transfers to and from other facilities, assuring completion of appropriate forms and notification of receiving facility.
- Interpret organizational policies and procedures of the hospital and nursing departments as necessary.
- Provide for the initiation of legal Mental Health Holds and provide for transport to appropriate evaluation facilities. Provide for the safety of the patient, staff, other patients and visitors, while ensuring that the patient's legal rights are not violated.
- Coordinates notification of Pastoral Care according to the needs & requests of patients, families, and staff.
- Responsible for the coordination & delegation of the guesthouse, disbursement of the indigent fund, & organ donation requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire. (See below for requirements specific to Oregon and Alaska)
- Minimum of two years related clinical nursing experience in an acute care setting required.
- Previous leadership training and experience strongly preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure by the State in which nurse will be practicing required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive relationships and a customer-focused work environment
- Strong organizational, administrative and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications as well as clinical applications
COMMUNITY/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
OREGON WEST NETWORK: (Sacred Heart Medical Center – Riverbend and University District)
- BSN preferred. Must obtain BSN within 3 years of hire date.
SHMC RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $48.28, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Nursing || Medical/Surgical Nursing || Per Diem/Relief || PATIENT ACCOUNTING
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.