Indigo - Memphis, TN
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The role of Credit and Lien Specialist will actively manage relevant grower and buyer data and partner with third party vendors to fully manage the credit check process. The Credit and Lien Specialist will also be responsible for identifying standard operating procedures and understanding and communicating the results of credit bureau reports to management.
Outcomes & Responsibilities:
- Maintains active spreadsheets containing relevant grower and buyer data
- Can determine key differences across various models and programs that Indigo runs
- Works with third party vendors
- Able to fully manage third party credit check process
- Able to identify and write out standard operating procedures
- Understands credit bureau reports
- Able to provide management with report details and updates
- Fully understands and can explain farm financial statements
- Able to work independently; resourceful
- Able to work well in a team environment; collaborative
- Passionate about and aligned with Indigo’s core values
- Able to maintain complete confidentiality
- Strong time management skills
- Able to work efficiently with internal and external customers
- Able to communicate exceptionally with all levels of management
- Easily adaptable to a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Highly organized
- Willing to adjust to day-to-day responsibilities as needed
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- 3+ years of finance, credit, or loan management experience preferred
- Ag credit experience a plus
- A thorough understanding of liens as well as collateral descriptions
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Trade credit knowledge
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.