Indigo - Boston, MA
Indigo is a mission-driven agriculture company dedicated to helping farmers feed the planet in a healthier way. We have had phenomenal growth over the past year, doubling in size in 2017 and set to double our size again in 2018. Obviously for a company like us, recruiting the very best people to help us achieve our goals becomes one of our most important priorities.
We are building our Recruiting team in Boston and looking for an outstanding Recruiter to help us get there. The Recruiter will focus on helping a subset of our departments find the best people, thinking strategically about where to find talent, and running an efficient recruiting process that we have developed in a deliberate way.
The Recruiter will be a key member of our Indigo People team, a modern, strategic group focused on finding A players, and ensuring that Indigo is one of the best places to work through fantastic opportunities to grow and develop, and prioritizing a mission-driven, healthy and motivating culture.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
Successfully lead recruiting efforts and be a strategic partner to hiring managers:
- Be a thought partner with hiring managers on building teams and meeting hiring needs
- Define strategies for sourcing, and source candidates through networks, posting on websites, managing LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and other sites
- Screen candidates successfully so hiring managers see a strong subset of candidates
- Quickly understand Indigo’s overall recruiting process and facilitate various meetings as needed
- Help define the job spec, lead scorecard meetings, and facilitate pre-meetings and debrief sessions
- Confidently conduct screening interviews, in-person interviews, and reference calls
- Manage technology used to complement hiring process including digital interviews, relocation software, and assessment tools
- Give guidance on offer letters and compensation
- Run a smooth process internally, with strong attention to detail
Communicate Indigo’s story in a clear and compelling way that excites candidates:
- Become an expert on Indigo’s business and communicate it properly to candidates
- Work closely with external recruiters when needed and work to ensure they know the Indigo story and are an extension of the Indigo Recruiting team
Build talent brand for Indigo in the Boston market:
- Work closely with the People team to create strong content for Indigo brand, with an emphasis on Boston roles so that Indigo is better entrenched within the Boston community
- Ensure an exceptional recruiting experience for candidates interviewing in the Boston office
- Identify key conferences, events and meetups in Boston where Indigo should have a strong presence to build the brand, and ensure strong Indigo representation at these events
- Passion for People, genuinely interested and curious about what motivates and excited people
- Positive attitude, approaches situations with optimism and enthusiasm
- Confident, able to push back when needed
- Trustworthy, loyal, able to build connections and trust quickly
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proactive, not afraid to follow up with people multiple times, or overcommunicate
- Works quickly and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Smart, can pick things up quickly
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to take initiative when path is not clear
- Extremely organized with a natural affinity towards process and getting things done
- Good with details; doesn’t let things fall through the cracks; remembers to follow up
- High energy and fun
- Extremely organized
- Empathetic, easily relates to others
- Poised, presents well, able to be the face of Indigo’s Memphis office, comfortable interacting with people at all levels and in all types of roles
- Collaborative; excellent team player. Not prone to working in a silo
- Able to manage a room of (strong-willed) individuals
- Able to develop and enforce process
- Extremely adaptable
- 5 years (minimum) in a full cycle recruiting in a fast-paced growth company
- Experience using Linkedin Recruiter
- Startup experience strongly preferred
- Startup experience a plus
- Proven track record with recruiting success, including sourcing candidates from a variety of talent pools
- Demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for building talent in an organization
- Bachelor’s degree with demonstrated record of strong academic achievement
- Ability to travel to Memphis when needed
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.