baidu - Sunnyvale, CA
Baidu USA, located in Silicon Valley, is looking for a Senior Engineer in Vehicle Control to work on the Baidu autonomous driving team. You will be responsible for areas such as spec definition, system prototyping, design, implementation, and sensor integration.
Here’s what you will do:
- You will be responsible for designing and developing new control algorithms that work for potential Apollo referenced vehicles.
- You will be responsible for automating vehicle control calibration process
- You will be responsible for building vehicle dynamic models
- You will be participating discussion with OEM and tier 1 supplier partners and working on developing controllers together with partner engineers.
Here’s what we’d like to see in you:
- Have solid background and knowledge in vehicle control
- PID control, optimal control theory, LQR, MPC
- Relevant working experience in auto industry (OEM, first tier supplier, car manufacturer) is strongly preferred
- Programming in C/C++/Python is strongly preferred
- Mission alignment: If you want to be part of a team to accomplish this great mission, we will provide you the best possible platform to do that.
- Self-directed: We work best with people that are driven, motivated, and aspire to greatness. Are you the sort of person that, if you had time on your hands, will independently find interesting and useful things to do?
- Hungry to learn: We are eager to see you learn new skills and grow. But learning is hard work and this is something we hope you want to do.
- Team orientation: We work in small, fast-moving teams. We don't believe in lone wolves. We watch out for each other and go after big goals together as a team.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.