Justworks - New York, NY
Who we are
At Justworks, you will enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, Diversity + Inclusion and wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We are helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We are data-driven and we never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
Engineering Managers at Justworks will oversee a team of Software Engineers and work closely with Designers and Product Managers. They are responsible for coordinating projects, prioritization, and engineers to create and maintain features for our customers.
While involving some hands-on coding, this job requires a strong technical background and a passion for mentoring and growing teams.
What you'll do
- Work with the Engineers, Designers, and Product Managers to prioritize, schedule and execute projects so we can quickly develop and ship new features.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams in and out of engineering to understand the requirements and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide guidance, both technical and non-technical, to direct reports.
- Help recruit, source, interview and hire for the entire engineering team.
Who you are
- A minimum of at least two years of experience managing a team of engineers.
- Demonstrable experience in prioritizing, crafting, and achieving plans.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to grasp and explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical people.
- High levels of empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of core web development technologies. i.e. Data structures, data stores, algorithms, distributed systems and common patterns around these frameworks.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds, and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.