Samsara - San Francisco, CA
Samsara is the leading Industrial IoT company, working with over 10,000 customers across diverse sizes and industries: from transportation and logistics to field services, food production, energy, construction, local governments, and manufacturing. Our complete hardware, software, and cloud solution helps these industries increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of their operations through real-time visibility, analytics, and AI.
In the past year we’ve doubled our customer and employee base, launched in 10 new countries, opened an office in Atlanta, and grew revenue over 200%.
In short, a lot is happening!
We’re looking for a creative and driven corporate communications specialist to join the communications team - helping to build our company positioning and external presence with the fleet industry. You should be excited by working in an environment without a set playbook and all the opportunities that entails.
In this role you’ll initially focus on the following - in partnership with the head of communications:
- Messaging and positioning: building out our corporate and executive narratives, as well as a broader spokesperson pool within the company.
- Industry thought leadership: building strategic relationships with key fleet influencers and executing a thought leadership platform for Samsara to own in the industry.
- Operations and process: creating the necessary foundations for a healthy communications function.
In the first six months, this is the type of work you will do:
Messaging and Positioning
- Build out a master Samsara narrative that maps to broader company thematics as well as specific industry verticals.
- Craft inspiring and empowering narratives that align to the buyer's journey, resonate with the public, and elevate our customers.
- Support in building out an executive communications plan - identifying priority spokespeople, stories, and channels (media, events, awards, etc.).
Industry Thought Leadership
- Build strategic relationships with key fleet industry influencers, inclusive of trade groups, industry thought leaders, and trade media.
- Create and execute a thought a leadership platform(s) for Samsara to own in the fleet industry. Example execution tactics include research reports, white papers, surveys, etc.
Operations and Process
- Work across legal, finance, internal comms, and other functions to create necessary communications policies such as: social media, speaker requests, media guidelines, etc.
- Support the creation of an issues mitigation and crisis plan for both the US and EU.
All that said: be flexible! These are just some of the ways you will contribute. As a rapidly growing company and team, this role has the opportunity to evolve according to the person in it.
- 8+ years experience in corporate and/or public policy communications
- Experience in a B2B technology environment
- Experience in fleet management or transportation space a plus
- Excellent communication, storytelling, and presentation skills (written, verbal, and visual)
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle projects end-to-end
- Bias-to-action and focused on results
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.