Sony PlayStation - Los Angeles, CA
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are God of War! Join us!
You’re into technology – learning it, building it, teaching it. You’re someone who thrives on infrastructure and on helping people, making things happen for the team, making their work lives more efficient and easier, which allows them to perform at their peak.
And you’re talented, really talented, and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done – and we leave you alone to do them. Sound interesting? Give us a shout.
AND NOW A WORD FROM MANAGEMENT…
- Solve problems within existing pipelines, focusing on simple and robust solutions
- Upgrade, evolve, and maintain existing infrastructure, including Jenkins server configurations and scripts and build scripts
- Support build release and patching pipeline, build deployment tool suite, code integration utilities, pre-commit testing utilities, and packaging pipeline
- Interface with everyone on the team: get to the bottom of simple and complex problems. Provide direct solutions
- Collaborate with IT to ensure a broad understanding of approaches and solutions
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional scripts and code
- Test and document work produced
- Create and manage complex build branching schemes
- Implement and maintain effective reporting systems to facilitate team needs
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years professional experience
- Proficient in a majority of the following: Git, Perforce, Jira, REST API’s, Python, C++, Maya, Qt, PowerShell, Redis, Puppet, Ceph, OpenStack, SN DBS, automated testing structures and processes, build and/or content cooking pipelines
- Familiar with Windows and Linux system administration
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Personable: gets along well with everyone; has “I can help” attitude
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.