Sony PlayStation - San Mateo, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
IT Support Specialist (Contract)
This position is for a 12-month temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation in San Mateo is looking for a seriously passionate computer nerd to help support our game development studio. Our ideal candidate needs to love gaming, building custom PC’s and helping your coworkers hurdle seemingly difficult IT obstacles so PlayStation can continue to be the best place to play. It’s not an easy job, you’ll be constantly challenged and be expected to solve some crazy desktop support problems. If you’re looking to gain some IT XP, join our team to level up!
The IT Support Specialist will support users and systems located at our San Mateo, CA office. This position will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day desktop management. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years with IT helpdesk experience.
- Must have strong experience with the most recent versions of Microsoft Windows and Apple OSX.
- Install, and configure hardware, operating systems, and application software on new and existing PC, Mac, laptop, and printers.
- Microsoft Windows Deployment Server, image creation and automated deployments of desktop and server operating systems.
- Configure and maintain Windows Servers.
- Manage Active Directory domain user and computer accounts.
- Manage inventory of software licenses and hardware assets.
- Respond to end user requests via phone, email, trouble ticket and walk-ins; quickly identify research and resolve issues.
- Manage desktop protection utilities and provide immediate response to outbreaks and new security updates.
- Create documentation for standard operating procedures, one-off installations, and end user training.
- Be available off hours for scheduled maintenance, critical update releases, physical office moves, and duty pager.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Excellent and proven verbal and written communication skills in English. Strong sense of urgency, self-motivation, and work ethic. Great customer service skills. Friendly and eager to learn.
- Ability to document system build procedures, and process workflow related to end user support and system administration including setup and delivery of new equipment, installing software and related patches.
- Must have a strong understanding of PC client workstation/server hardware, operating systems, applications, development consoles, printers, mobile devices, networking, Mac and Mac specific software.
- Familiar with studio development applications including: Perforce, Visual Studio, Maya, Photoshop a giant plus. Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools. Basic understanding of server side components and applications including web, application, and database infrastructure.
- Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, as well as network hardware. Knowledge of windows deployment solutions such as Windows Deployment Server (WDS), Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK), and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a fast paced environment required. Experience equivalent to MCDST, ACMT, CompTIA A+ or above highly desired.
- Demonstrated success in a helpdesk or service oriented structure. Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures. Has IT experience working for a high tech company, preferably in multimedia or entertainment.
- Huge plus if you're passionate about games!!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.