Sony PlayStation - San Diego, CA
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
At the center of the PlayStation Network is the Commerce Platform that services 30+ million customers every single day. Our team delivers a wide range of services including product browsing, purchasing, pricing, subscription, fulfillment, payment options and more.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for the design and implementation of restful web services and commerce capabilities. A Strong technical background and analytical thinking crucial and the you will be heavily involved in crafting, building and maintaining Java and C++ code as well as providing component and system level designs for Sony’s PlayStation Network Platform. The Commerce Platform is expected to operate at large scale and high availability, and hence you will be responsible for sound technology choices and implementing them in a fashion that is durable and scalable.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ year proven Java programming and systems experience.
- Experience with test driven development and test automation.
- Experience with SQL and databases, especially Oracle.
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience in full life-cycle agile software development.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
- Experience with Java Application Servers/Containers.
- Experience using source control such as git and bug tracking systems in a team environment
- Development of cross-platform code.
- Experience in developing C++ code.
- Experience building scalable systems with very high levels of concurrency and transactions.
- Experience working with Cloud development environment such as AWS.
- Experience with caching solutions such as Elasticache.
- Experience with NoSQL database such as DynamoDB.
- Experience developing ecommerce platforms.
- Experience developing subscriptions platforms.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.