Chan Zuckerberg Initiative - Palo Alto, CA
WHAT WE BELIEVEWe engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands how to address our society’s challenges better than those who live them everyday. These partners help us identify problems and opportunities, learn fast and iterate toward our audacious goals for the next century. We strive to be humble, empathetic and scrappy life-long learners who work collaboratively to develop community-centered solutions.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
THE ROLEWe're looking for an individual who is passionate about partnering with engineering and product teams in evaluating and managing security risks. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a security program for one or more of our initiatives, in addition to helping lead security initiatives which cut across CZI. You will also be part of our vendor and partner security program, helping to evaluate and improve the security of our vendors and partners. You'll be part consultant, part security expert, and part program manager, finding the perfect balance to support the teams you work with.
- Partner closely with engineers, product managers, and others from CZI's technology teams to build flexible and robust security programs that continuously evaluate, track, and manage risks
- Serve as an internal champion and consultant for security and privacy
- Drive security and privacy initiatives which cut across CZI and it's partner organizations
- Identify common security issues that can be addressed by shared infrastructure components and partner with others within the Infrastructure organization to build and ship them
- Develop and deliver training. Evangelize security and create security awareness across the company
- Participate in on-call rotations for security incident response
- Technical project or program management experience
- Experience working on application security, product security, infrastructure security, or IT security
- Organized, methodical and detail oriented, with superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to lead via influence, in cross-functional environments
- Excellent communication skills, in particular communicating technical concepts between audiences of varying backgrounds
- Demonstrated willingness to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to achieve the team's end goals
ABOUT THE CHAN ZUCKERBERG INITIATIVE
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative was launched in December 2015 by Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Facebook and Priscilla Chan, a pediatrician and founder and CEO of The Primary School in East Palo Alto. The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is a new kind of philanthropic organization dedicated to advancing human potential and promoting equal opportunity through world class engineering, grantmaking, impact investing, policy, and advocacy work. Initial areas of focus include supporting science through basic biomedical research and education through personalized learning. CZI is also exploring ways to build stronger, more equitable communities through affordable housing and criminal justice reform. To learn more, visit our Facebook page.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.