Renew Financial - Oakland, CA
Renew Financial is the nation’s leader in affordable financing products for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects that will help move America toward a clean energy model. We originated the Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) model, an innovative, low-cost financing solution that helps homeowners make improvements that dramatically reduce their energy and water use -- and repay on their property taxes.
Job Title: Corporate Counsel
Reports to: VP, Senior Corporate Counsel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively manage the investigation and resolution of pre-litigation consumer and commercial disputes
- Assist in managing active litigation, including overseeing outside counsel
- Review and negotiate commercial agreements, including MSAs, NDAs, license agreements, and indemnity agreements
- Assist in providing legal guidance to product, tech, marketing, and operations teams on a full range of issues throughout the product lifecycleReview and revise material agreements with program sponsors, participating jurisdictions, and registered home improvement contractors
- Support the drafting and revising of consumer-facing agreements, communications and marketing collateral
Minimum Requirements (candidates not possessing the following will not be considered)
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from top law school and a state bar member in good standing (California preferred)
- 2 - 5 years of experience with at least two years at a top-tier law firm
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and respond to competing needs within the organization
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Prior litigation and/or consumer financial services experience
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting renewable energy and sustainability
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and strong service orientation
- Business-focused mindset with a demonstrated ability to take ownership and resolve issues with minimal supervision
Renew Financial is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Work environment: Professional office
Physical demands: long periods of sitting, lifting up to 10 lbs
Expected hours of work: Corporate hours, 8 hours per day
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.