Talbots - New York, NY
Assists technical team in preparing fit sessions, data entry, and supporting technical design work in pants, knits, sweaters, jackets, and outwear. Position requires initiative to collaborate with other work teams and build effective working relationships. Ensures assignments and daily tasks are followed through to completion
- Assist with fittings and preparing fit comments, including measuring samples, sketching (flat technical sketches with detail) and analyzing garment construction.
- Assist with scheduling, taking fit notes, coordinating samples, etc.
- Measure all fit samples through all stages against required specifications. Identifies discrepancies and problems and brings to the attention of the Technical Designer. May assist with resolution.
- Maintain and update all technical files and status charts in computer files and systems, and assist in handling daily communication, domestic and overseas.
- Sample tracking and shipping.
- 2 year Fashion degree and/or 2 years of experience with a manufacturer or production department
- Technical Design degree preferred
- Knowledge of measuring and flat sketching, knowledge of pattern making a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Must possess good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment with deadlines
- Quality computer skills with ability to learn quickly.
- Builds collaborative relationships across departments and divisions – must be a team player
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.