DraftKings - Boston, MA
We're reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Shape a rapidly scaling part of Engineering.
DraftKings is growing quickly and we're looking for a Senior Lead Software Engineer to help lead a full stack development team centered around the mission of providing a best-in-class experience for our customers. This position requires strong technical skills and a bias toward collaboration. You will be working across teams, informing business decisions, and helping to expand our Daily Fantasy Sports microservice architecture and web applications.
What you'll do as a Technical Lead Software Engineer:
- Take ownership for the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, and operations of a full stack team, with API services written primarily in C# with SQL databases hosted in AWS and front-end Single Page Applications written primarily in Node, React, and Redux
- Collaborate with business leads across the company to define milestones and deliverables for new functionality to be added to existing applications; collaborate with technical leadership to design and implement new databases, microservices, and applications
- Contribute to the architecture and design of new strategic initiatives and applications, with specific focus on fantasy contests, entry, and the first time user experience
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high quality work that aligns with the mission of our applications and the Daily Fantasy Sports engineering division
What skills you will use:
- You have experience as the 'expert' on a development team where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features
- Expertise with object-oriented software development (C# or Java)
- Strong relational database skills using technologies like MySQL or SQL Server
- Experience with modern client JS frameworks, like Node, React, and Redux
- Familiarity with AWS services, infrastructure, and distributed software systems
- You also have the ability to write automated comprehensive test suites at all levels of the architecture
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We're proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We'll never discriminate against anyone's background or creed. If you're good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.