Police Athletic League - Queens, NY
The Police Athletic League (PAL) is the largest independent youth organization in New York City that provides educational and recreational activities for children and young adults. PAL Inc. and The New York City Police Department work in partnership to provide communities with summer and after-school recreational and educational activities.
We are looking for a Job Developer who will be responsible for recruiting a vast array of employment/job opportunities for our Summer Youth Employment Program participants ages 16-21, as well as being the main point of contact for the Worksite Supervisors during the duration program.
This position is available in Queens.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Model and uphold all Agency rules.
- Recruit job opportunities for the Summer Youth Employment Program participants within DYCD priority work sectors.
- Submit weekly, monthly, written and verbal reports as requested.
- Provide information and assistance about the program to worksites, applicants and participants
- Maintain ongoing communications with worksite supervisors
- Assist participants with job placements during the enrollment process
- Collect/Complete necessary program documents such as worksite applications, signatures, trip schedules & licenses, etc.
- Update the SYEP database on an ongoing basis.
- Travel is mandatory for recruitment and enrollment
- Perform other related duties as required
The SYEP job Developer will have to manage a number of projects at one time and will be frequently interrupted to meet the needs/requirements of the program, worksites supervisors and participants. The SYEP Job Developer will need excellent organizational, time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of the Summer Youth Employment Program preferred
- Demonstrated ability to “pitch” and “sell a program to possible worksites
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to follow-through
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Travel is mandatory
- Bilingual a strong plus (Spanish, English, French)
- Must be responsible and organized with
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
No calls, please. External recruiters and agents, please don’t contact this job poster.
The Police Athletic League seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at PAL are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.