baidu - Sunnyvale, CA
Baidu USA, headquartered in Silicon Valley, is looking for talented engineer for DuerOS (https://dueros.baidu.com/). DuerOS is Baidu’s conversational AI platform which empowers every device to be able to interact with users with natural languages. The device empowered by DuerOS can hear, understand and fulfill user needs. By working with over 130 partners, DuerOS is the most vibrant AI ecosystem in China.
DuerOS smart devices are now everywhere, including TV, mobile phone, cars, speakers, etc.The number of monthly active devices just pasts 100M in August, 2018.Through DuerOS empowered devices, users can access 10 categories and over 500 skills including video & audio, smart home, information, entertainment and services, etc. DuerOS has also launched DuerOS Intelligent Devices Platform and DuerOS Bots Platform which have attracted over 20,000 developers to its ecosystem.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of various core components of DuerOS bot platform. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define DuerOS bot platform. Drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
Here's what you will do:
- Leadership of engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to complex problems and mentor team members on their appropriate application.
- Key contributor to the overall systems and software development life-cycle
- Ownership of projects that operate cross-functionally with multiple engineering, design and product teams
Here's what we'd like to see in you:
- Strong problem solving and programming skills;
- Familiar with one of prevalent programming languages: C++, Python, PHP;
- Prior experience on large scale system design or architect is strongly preferred;
- Prior experience of technical team leading is strongly preferred.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE, Maths or related discipline.
- Mission alignment: If you want to be part of a team to accomplish this great mission, we will provide you the best possible platform to do that.
- Self-directed: We work best with people that are driven, motivated, and aspire to greatness. Are you the sort of person that, if you had time on your hands, will independently find interesting and useful things to do?
- Hungry to learn: We are eager to see you learn new skills and grow. But learning is hard work and this is something we hope you want to do.
- Team orientation: We work in small, fast-moving teams. We don't believe in lone wolves. We watch out for each other and go after big goals together as a team
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.