Postmates - San Francisco, CA
Postmates runs the largest e-commerce marketplace in the US - moving millions of deliveries each month and connecting consumers, merchants, and couriers (Postmates) in real-time. Building top-notch financial intelligence atop our large-scale dataset is a serious challenge and we are looking for candidates who are ready to dive in as we continue to scale.
Postmates’ Finance team is looking for a Financial Analyst that will enhance our financial planning and analysis capabilities, involving everything from creating the company’s monthly financial forecast, managing data and presenting insights to senior leadership. This person will be proactive and detail-oriented with strong technical skills and excellent written/verbal communication abilities.
This critical position will be responsible for the preparation of key monthly financial reporting, ad hoc analysis during major planning cycles, tracking of KPIs and creating dashboards and tools to review existing and new initiatives. As a Finance Analyst, you will help us unlock insights from an enormous consumer, commerce, and logistics datasets. You will use your full toolkit - Finance background, SQL query writing, data analysis and synthesis -- to report out what's happening and recommend what to do next. You must be comfortable with execution and accountability. We will implement your ideas.
- At least 3 years of finance work experience
- BSc in an analytical field required
- SQL database experience is a plus, including database management and query design
- Strong modeling skills, an Excel wizard
- Exceptionally detail oriented, able to execute big-picture analysis while never losing sight of the finer points
- Comfortable with ambiguity and effective at juggling multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Curious and scrappy, approaching questions with scientific rigor, but can execute pragmatically
- Highly motivated, enjoy working in teams and thrive working independently
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.