Clover Health - San Francisco, CA
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Accounting team is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health and overall business activities. The team coordinates and directs all financial transactions in the accounting system as well as, supports company wide goals and initiatives relative to the financial needs of all departments. The accounting department assures that all transactions adhere to company policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and relevant authoritative guidance.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join our accounting team as a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for analyzing financial information, preparing accurate and timely financial reports and statements, as well as, insuring appropriate internal control procedures. This individual will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad hoc accounting support functions.
As a Senior Accountant, you will:
- Support the accounting team’s commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls.
- Support the quarterly and annual financial reporting process, including ensuring the appropriate SEC disclosures and reporting practices are implemented.
- Support the external audit of the company’s annual financial statements, including preparation of audit schedules and responding to auditor questions and requests.
- Research all significant accounting matters that may arise, including new rule adoption projects. Prepare technical memos and be the internal expert to advise on accounting impacts for the business.
- Be responsible for month-end close procedures, including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of results.
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement while helping to establish and maintain policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Be responsible for cash, investments, assorted accrued expenses, and various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Partner with Strategic Finance to help analyze and document balance sheet and income statement activity and variances.
- Perform other special ad-hoc projects and analyses as directed by management.
You will love this job if:
- You are a motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- You are great at prioritizing and executing multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- You have excellent written and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a minimum of 5 years accounting experience that demonstrates knowledge and application of GAAP accounting policies and practices, with SEC reporting experience preferred.
- You have a minimum of 2 years healthcare plan experience, preferably Medicare Advantage.
- You have experience working with Intacct or similar financial management software.
- You have expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) including Google suite.
- You have a CPA certification.
- You have at minimum a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- You have Big 4 public accounting experience, preferred.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities and will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.