Police Athletic League - Manhattan, NY
The Police Athletic League (PAL) is the largest independent youth organization in New York City that provides educational and recreational activities for children and young adults. PAL Inc. and The New York City Police Department work in partnership to provide communities with summer and after-school recreational and educational activities.
We are looking for a part-time Food Handler who will be responsible for the overall administration and coordination of the center meal service program with the Police Athletic League's (the Agency) mission, goals, and policies as well as Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) guidelines. Provide information and support to on-site staff and volunteers in the safe and structured operation of the food program. Complete and submit center weekly Vended Meal Service record and weekly food order to the food department.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Manager of Food Services and in cooperation with the center director and/or program coordinator, effectively oversee all site food program operations and administrative requirements. Attend all necessary training and workshops.
- Ensure compliance with agency policies as well as CACFP and SFSP requirements.
- Prepare and organize administrative paperwork and reports on a scheduled basis and as requested by the manager of food services.
- Work with center personnel to ensure that food program guidelines are followed during meal services and that food is properly stored and transported.
- Work with the center director or program coordinator and manager of food service to plan and oversee the effective operation of the site food service program. This includes but is not limited to ensuring that all meal pattern requirements are met; that meals are served during required meal service times, that meal counts are modified as needed and that center staff is positive and supportive of the food program.
- Accept food delivery or train other staff to correctly accept food delivery and ensure that all items listed on delivery slip were received by the center.
- Ensure the kitchen area is safe, functional, clean, and well-lit, and that kitchen equipment is appropriately used and maintained. Ensure that CACFP and SFSP required posters and notifications are clearly displayed in all food service areas.
- Communicate CACFP and SFSP guidelines and standards to center staff.
- Communicate center needs regarding nutritional programming to the Manager of Food Services. Skills/Knowledge Required
- High school diploma or GED or a current high school student with demonstrated maturity and sense of responsibility.
- Previous work experience in food service preferred and demonstrated an interest in the pursuit of further education in the food service field.
- Demonstrated skills and competency in administration.
No calls, please. External recruiters and agents, please don’t contact this job poster.
The Police Athletic League seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at PAL are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.