PeaceHealth - Bellingham, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager Sterile Processing for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 178339
The manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the department and coordinates the functions of sterile processing. Leads continuous improvement efforts developing a culture of change within and between departments with measureable improvement in patient care outcomes and efficiency as related to sterile processing.
- Oversees the daily workflow to ensure service standards are met and to ensure staff consistently follows standard job expectations and regulatory requirements. Establishes and maintains effective training programs ensuring standards of excellence in the department.
- Responsible for the supervision of assigned staff; duties include hire, train, mentor, corrective actions, maintenance of work schedules, authorizing time off requests, and performance evaluations. Responsible for analyzing resource requirements of the department, and developing recommendations for staffing levels with supporting justification documentation.
- Develops implements and monitors operating/capital budget; tracking expenditures, purchase of office supplies, etc. with budget authority as delegated for assigned areas. Includes responsibility for managing instrument replacement budget.
- Acts as a liaison with key stakeholders to facilitate and improve supply distribution and inventory performance for sterile instrumentation.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and the business work plans for the Sterile Processing department.
- Establishes and maintains Instrument Asset Management Program, to include proactive refurbishment of surgical instrumentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise designated)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 years progressively responsible leadership experience is required.
- Knowledge of sterile processing, aseptic technique regulatory standards are required.
- Previous related experience in a healthcare environment is required.
- Demonstrated successful experience with positive outcomes in problem solving, decision making, time management, finances and budgets is required.
- Knowledge of lean thinking/continuous improvement theories and their successful application in a work setting is strongly desired.
- Certification from IAHCSMM, CBSPD or other nationally recognized certifying body required.
- Proficient use of computers including MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Understands facility standards and practice guidelines as well as state and federal regulations.
- Ability to lead teams and delegate assignments.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $32.97, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Leadership || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Leadership || Full Time || SURGICAL SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.