PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Director of Service Lines - Behavioral Health for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position at our Sacred Heart Medical Center, University District in Eugene, Oregon! This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 178569
Directs, controls and is accountable for assigned Service Lines. Develops long and short term business strategies, operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages the design, structure, development and planning issues within scope of direction. Responsible for quality, service and regulatory compliance for areas of responsibility.
Responsible for providing operational leadership and for planning, developing and directing patient care programs and related capital projects for assigned area.
- Provides leadership for operational effectiveness, clinical excellence and personnel management. Supervises staff for assigned services and programs across multiple geographies and multiple departments. Leads all hospital departments and co-leads all assigned/associated PHMG clinics.
- Creates and monitors infrastructure, systems, processes and standards to achieve desired outcomes in collaboration with medical directors, leadership, department chairs and medical staff.
- Provides fiscal and business planning that promotes revenue enhancements and cost efficiency. Develops, implements and monitors operating and capital budgets. Accountable for meeting budgetary and operational targets as defined by triple aim outcomes
- Directs recruitment, training and evaluation of personnel in collaboration with hospital and PHMG.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts that promote clinical excellence, revenue enhancement and cost efficiency. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, department managers, staff and customers that lead to measurable improvement in patient care outcomes, efficiency and customer service.
- Supports clinical processes that assure patient safety. Accountable for knowledge of and for achieving or exceeding national benchmarks and patient safety goals for scope of accountability.
- Ensures regulatory compliance for all areas of responsibility.
- Monitors, communicates, and works to improve patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Plans, develops, implements and evaluates new patient care programs and practice models including identification of clinical objectives, capital and other resource requirements, expected operating revenues and expenses, allocation of space and organization of program personnel and other operation components.
- In alignment with established strategic initiatives; creates effectives outreach programs in order to meet the needs of patients in secondary and tertiary market areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSN required.
- Master’s degree required or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the incumbent with the requisite knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the job.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing successful working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Oregon RN license required.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Effective communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, lead change, remain current with healthcare environment changes and translate those changes into operational plans to discern and interpret the potential impact on assigned departments/community (s).
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
PHYSICAL /COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Eugene, SHMC at University District (422)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $TBD, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Registered Nurse - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene || Leadership || Nursing Leadership || Full Time || HOSPITAL ADMIN
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.