Talbots - Lakeville, MA
Security Officers primary function is geared toward preventing loss, by providing a visible deterrence, reducing losses of company assets, and providing protection to employees and customers while they are on company property. Maintains open lines of communication between all associates and the Loss Prevention Department.
- Ensures that all persons entering Talbot facility have proper identification and/or authorization. Ensures all visitors are properly processed, signed in, and escorted into the facility.
- Monitors facility through the use of CCTV and by conducting tours of the building. Must remain watchful and alert for conditions or risks that cause or create opportunities for theft or loss, and must report such risks to Loss Prevention Management.
- Monitors all alarms including burglar, fire and other emergency alarms. Ensures that alarms are properly activated and de-activated. Responds to alarm situations and notifies proper individuals as to the alarm status.
- Checks all bundles, briefcases, purses, and totes before associates leave the facility.
- Monitor all truck and trailer yard activity.
- Ensure all trailers and containers are properly logged into system and carefully follow US Customs guidelines for seal and container checks.
- Manufacturers and distributes store keys and cores as assigned.
- Responsible for use of careful judgement and discretion in customer and associate contact of any kind.
- Must remain pleasant, courteous, polite, and attentive in handling customers and associates.
- Responsible for completing timely, accurate written reports on all incidents involving suspected theft, criminal offenses, or any unusual incidents occurring in the facility.
- Responsible for ensuring reports are reviewed by Loss Prevention Management.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Reports all infractions of company policies to Loss Prevention Supervisor as found.
- Assists in the investigation of dishonest employees, loss of company assets or criminal activity on company property, in compliance with Loss Prevention Procedure and as directed by Loss Prevention Management.
- May be required to answer alarm calls or other emergency calls from stores.
- Responsible for ensuring that the proper personnel are notified and that the situations are resolved in a timely manner.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
- Perform other functions as directed by Loss Prevention Management.
- Knowledge of and experience in security/loss prevention at a level normally acquired through the completion of a High School diploma
- 1-3 years of related experience, preferably in distribution/retail environment
- This is considered a safety-sensitive position which requires pre-employment and periodic drug/vision testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.