PeaceHealth - Bellingham, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Pharmacy Technician (Per Diem) for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 178686
Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, this position is responsible for performing supportive clerical and technical tasks to assist the pharmacist in providing pharmaceutical care. Accuracy, reliability and excellent customer service skills are the cornerstone of the pharmacy technician expectations. May perform receiving and stores clerk functions.
- Enter inpatient orders/prescriptions into the computer and prepare labels for medications to be checked by the pharmacist.
- Answer telephones when appropriate and with in legal guidelines and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
- Inspects medications for outdates in patient care area Pyxis stations on a quarterly basis.
- Prepares IVs, PCAs, Epidurals and labels all IV products. Prepares chemotherapeutic intravenous medications as requested.
- Packages drugs into unit dose packaging and maintains packaging records.
- Reconstitutes medication by adding a specific quantity of distilled water requiring no calculation.
- Run fill lists and prepares medications for Cubies or Pyxis stations.
- Delivers medications and IVs to patient care areas. Delivers controlled substances to patient care areas, takes controlled substance physical inventories and reconciles controlled substance inventory counts.
- Data enters patient charges and credits.
- Check in the order, processes invoices, credits and backorders. Restocks medication on the shelves as needed and, if needed, purchases medication from suppliers.
- Maintain assigned work areas and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. (See section below for varied requirements by state.)
- Minimum of one year’s experience in hospital pharmacy utilizing unit dose, IV admixtures, and pharmacy computer systems preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
See section below for varied state requirements.
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills including excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize workflow in a dynamic and sometimes chaotic environment
- Ability to take suggestions, corrections and directions from the pharmacists
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Graduation from, or completion of, a Pharmacy Commission-approved technician training program.
- For initial licensure, must show proof of passing a board-approved national standardized Pharmacy Technician Certification exam.
- Currently licensed as a Pharmacy Technician by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy.
St. Joseph Medical Center:
- As requested provides backup Pyxis coverage to complete medication list maintenance for order entry and stock level requirements.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 10 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Work involves exposure to hazardous medication and/or sharp instruments.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $19.48, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Certified Pharmacy Tech - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Pharmacy Services || Per Diem/Relief || OTHER ANCILLARY SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.