Brookfield Residential - Copan, OK
The Site/Assistant Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing all trades and effectively managing daily on site activities. He/She must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants and homebuyers while successfully directing the sub-contractors and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule and budget.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with managing all sub-trades, workers, and suppliers, ensuring they perform according to contracts, including a requirement to have an authorized representative of the contractor physically present on the site during all periods of activity
- Oversee all site activities and all sub-trades each day
- Directly supervise construction workers
- Use best efforts to resolve concerns between sub-trades, workers and suppliers
- Assist the Superintendent with inspecting the homes during all phases of construction, assist in monitoring quality standards within the established schedules of a high volume production site
- Ensure all trades embrace and work in compliance with Health and Safety requirements, report non-compliance, and ensure the appropriate action is taken
- Ensure the accuracy of installation of each sub-trade as it pertains to the construction drawings and scope of work for that particular sub-trade
- Ensure that purchased extras are executed in detail, as outlined by the Project Coordinator
- Monitor site cleanliness and communicate/follow up with subcontractor’s responsibility for daily clean up. Assist in maintaining a professional, well organized, and safe job site
- Assist in managing and inspecting the quality of the trades performance and hold them accountable for upholding the Brookfield standards of building, providing signed completion reports
- Assist with completing progress reports and schedules
- Communicate on a daily basis with the Superintendent and other key contacts regarding concerns, discrepancies, additions or alterations that may arise during the course of construction
- Resolve any discrepancies that arise to ensure building finishes meet standards and codes
- Suggest and make recommendations for process improvement
- Multi family / single family attached building
- Must have experience supervising workers
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and understand working drawings
- Experience ordering, scheduling, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction
- Working knowledge of computers
- Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Ensure the site conditions and trades meet all state / provincial Occupational Health and Safety Requirements
- Safety Training Certificates (e.g. Basics of Supervision, First Aid, Fall Arrest, Natural Gas, Propane, WHIMIS)
- Maintain current construction license
We are proud to offer our employees what they value most:
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent extended health benefits
• 401k matching
• Generous tuition assistance program
• Leadership development and mentorship programs
• Charitable donation matching
• A culture based on our values of Passion, Integrity and Community
Brookfield Residential is a leading North American land developer and homebuilder with one goal in mind - to create the best places to call home. From the development of award winning master-planned communities, to the design and construction of premier homes and commercial properties, we are committed to cultivating exceptional life experience for our customers and for our employees.
Building great communities and homes takes vision and dedication, but most importantly, it takes a strong team. Having been in business for more than 60 years, we know it is our people who make Brookfield Residential what it is today. We were humbled to be named by Aon as one of the Best Employers in Canada and U.S. in 2017.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.