PeaceHealth - Longview, WA
Req ID: 34536
PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is seeking an outstanding full time family physician.
Located in Longview, Washington, which is 45 miles north of Portland and 120 miles south of Seattle. This employment opportunity offers up to $200,000 in Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify. If you are looking for a community that offers amazing outdoor recreation but enjoy quick access to big city amenities, then our rural practice could be a great place for you! Click Here to watch a great YouTube video about St. John Medical Center and Longview, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Experiencing Longview, WA:
- Forbes Magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River, Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument and many beautiful local parks. Lake Sacajawea, directly across from St. John Medical Center is in the heart of Longview. The gravel trail goes all the way around the lake and is just under 4 miles. There are many trees, birds, otters, and duck families. Longview is also just a short one hour drive to coastal Astoria, Oregon.
- Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population ~60,000 residents. Our area has many locally-owned specialty restaurants and national chains such as Target, Macy’s, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart. Along with a variety of grocery shopping options, Safeway, Winco, Grocery Outlet, April - October the Cowlitz Community Farmers Market. Golf is also a popular sport in the local area, Longview Country Club, Mint Valley, and Three Rivers Golf Course.
- The Cowlitz Indian Tribe, a federally recognized tribe, of Cowlitz people, is headquartered in Longview.
- Click here to view: PeaceHealth St. John Cowlitz County Community Profile
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Join a robust primary care team of close to 40 providers.
- Schedule: 4 clinic days/work week and the 5th day is for charting.
- 100% Outpatient depending on two call pool options, seeing ~22 patients per day and provider preference Medical Assistant
Adult Call 1:15: Night time phone call from nursing home, and one weekend working at same day clinic once a quarter.
Pediatric Call 1:7, additional $435 stipend + rounding (one week per month). 60-90 minutes of rounding/day, 5-7 days a week, once a month.
- NCQA Level II Medical Home care teams in a newly constructed clinic courtesy of the St. John Medical Center Foundation, using EPIC EMR.
- In-house Controlled Substance Management, Chronic Care Coordination Teams & Behavioral Health Support Services
- On site: Diabetic, Palliative Care Specialists, Digital X-ray, Phlebotomist, Social Worker, Dietitians & Clinical Pharmacist
- PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a 346-bed hospital Level III trauma center with a service area over 100k
- St. John offers dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
- Critical Care - Critical Care Unit received Beacon Award for Excellence, American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Stroke Program - Recognized by the American Heart Association with a Bronze Achievement Award for patient care and outcomes
- Kearney Breast Center - Designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Competitive compensation plus a generous signing bonus
- CME reimbursement and relocation assistance
- PeaceHealth provides fully paid malpractice insurance
- Two excellent health coverage options, plus vision and dental
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit options and up to $400 in incentives for healthy lifestyles
- Integrated physician-led medical group
Referral Bonus Eligible
About PeaceHealth: Serving the community’s healthcare needs for more than 70 years, PeaceHealth St. John is a community-governed, nonprofit organization established by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace in 1943. Today, PeaceHealth employs approximately 1.5% of Cowlitz County’s population. PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Provider Recruiter Lyndse R Neppl.
To view this opportunity and apply online click here: Physician - Family Medicine
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws. The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Location: Longview, Lakefront Clinic Building (112)
Job Category: Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician
Work Type: Full Time
Posting Notes: Longview || Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician ||Physicians || Full Time || FAMILY PRACTICE SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.