PeaceHealth - Friday Harbor, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Critical Access - Emergency PIMC for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 164133
The RN Critical Access is a team member who provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. May coordinate admissions, discharges and transfers; communicates and prioritizes, and provides for patient privacy, exercises discretion and assures confidentiality at all times.
3. Works collaboratively and professionally with the physicians and leadership in the delivery of patient care and problem solving within the department.
4. Assures continuous patient care including, but not limited to, overseeing the stocking of supplies, medications, and patient care items; staff breaks and lunches; timeliness of patient flow throughout the department and ancillary departments.
5. May perform limited x-ray examinations, point of care testing and other procedures as determined and will apply, appropriate infection control and radiation safety.
6. Participates in quality and process improvement initiatives through gathering of data, staff education and monitoring utilizing the tools recommend by the organization.
7. Ensure professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
8. Will be required to perform patient transport functions.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Minimum of two years recent experience in an Emergency Department or Urgent Care Setting including leadership responsibilities required.
- Successfulluy completes the nonviolent crisis intervention course in orientation and renews training as outlined in policy.
- Demonstrated competency to perform procedures as required.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS certification required at date of hire.
- ENPC & TNCC certification required at date of hire.
- Current WA Food Handler's Card required at date of hire
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret clinic’s philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and medical center needs in decision making
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
PEACE ISLAND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 33-66% of the time. Including standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs or less and push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work requires exposure to hazardous waste and/or chemicals including chemotherapy drugs. Work may require ability to manage violent or controllable persons
- Work is performed in high stress situations and may require use of PPE such as respirator, mask, gloves, gown, and mask. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail 34-65% of work time.
- Work may require rotating shifts and being on call for emergent staffing needs.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justsice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Friday Harbor community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Friday Harbor, Peace Island Medical Center (221)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $32.48, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; ENPC; Food Handlers Card - Washington; Registered Nurse - Washington; Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Friday Harbor || Nursing ||Emergency Services Nursing || Per Diem/Relief || EMERGENCY SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.