PeaceHealth - Bellingham, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Radiation Therapist (Per Diem) for a 0.000001 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Variable shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 163294
Responsible for the accurate treatment, simulation, and dosimetry of patients undergoing ionizing radiation treatment in accordance with standards of practice.
- Administers prescribed doses of radiation to specific body parts using Linear Accelerator Equipment according to the established practices and Standards.
- Performs dosimetric calculations under the supervision of a physicist or dosimetrist, using either manual or computerized dose calculations.
- Assists with Brachytherapy procedures.
- Warms up treatment machines/simulator and checks all safety and operational procedures; reports any erratic operation to the physicist
- Checks the laser positioning to ensure proper alignment.
- Verifies dose through barometer and thermometer measurements; reports any discrepancies to physicist.
- Follows Principles of Radiation Protection for patient, self and others. Adhere to ALARA and other radiation safety requirements.
- Positions Patients utilizing correct patient immobilization devices with accuracy according to simulation/prescription.
- Adheres to Radiation Therapist Code of Ethics.
- May train & supervise students or subordinate Radiation Therapists.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an accredited Radiation Therapy course approved by ARRT program (AAS)
- Current American Registry of Radiograph Technology (ARRT) – Radiation Therapy Certification
- WA State Radiologic Technologist license
- Current AHA BLS Health Care provider card
- Prior experience preferred.
- Competent in treatment planning and dosimetry
- Maintain quality assurance programs in accordance with departmental policy.
- Strong customer service skills, treat patients with empathy and respect.
- Demonstrated skills in use of computers and treatment programs
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift/move objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work may require frequent exposure to toxic materials or hazardous waste. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Bellingham, PeaceHealth St. Joseph Cancer Center (222)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $39.88, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: American Registry of Radiologic Technologist; Basic Life Support; Radiology Technologist - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Other - Allied || Per Diem/Relief || OTHER ANCILLARY SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.