PeaceHealth - Ketchikan, AK
PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinical Resource RN - Relocation Assistance Available for a 0.9 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Night shift with shift durations of 12 Hours.
Req ID: 161696
Seeking a Clinical Resource RN in Ketchikan, Alaska
Relocation assistance and sign-on bonus available!
The Clinical Resource Nurse (CRN) is a frontline leader who works under the direction of the Manager/Director. The CRN serves as a clinical and resource expert for the clinical staff for all of the inpatient units as assigned, to assure safe and clinically effective patient care. The CRN mentors, supports and directs staff members in providing compassionate care and services to patients and families from diverse ethnic and social groups. Independent decision-making is expected in the execution of routine duties.
- Support and assessment of clinical practice. Direct and delegate to other team members.
- Coach for performance to achieve individual and organizational goals; including orientation, competencies and evaluations.
- Develop the departmental team and collaborative relationships to achieve expected outcomes.
- Serve as a clinical resource for the department(s) as assigned.
- Articulate shift/team operational issues to management/House Supervisor as appropriate.
- Appropriate stewardship of resources.
- Adapts decision-making style to the situation and level of authority for achieving an optimal outcome including using collaborative decision making and effective communication skills.
- Identify and apply opportunities for clinical practice improvement with staff.
- Ensure professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN preferred.
- Minimum of two years acute care nursing experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Facilitation skills preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Minimum 2 years recent Critical Care, ER, and/or OB nursing experience strongly preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required upon hire.
- ACLS and PALS required.
- NRP and S.T.A.B.L.E. recommended.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center’s philosophy, policies and procedures
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and unit needs in decision making
- Demonstrated interest in staff development
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate or pay close attention to detail for more than 66% of the work time.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Ketchikan community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Ketchikan, PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center (301)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $36.38 DOE, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Basic Life Support; Neonatal Resuscitation Program; Pediatric Advanced Life Support; Registered Nurse - Alaska; STABLE Learner/Provider
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.