PeaceHealth - Ketchikan, AK
PeaceHealth is seeking a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 143983
Come join us in the Fishing Capital of the world! Seeking a CST to join our OR team at our Ketchikan Medical Center campus in Ketchikan, Alaska!
This position is a 13-week assignment to include housing and car rental.
Surgical Technologists with PeaceHealth are responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
Apply online to: jobs.peacehealth.org, questions may go to Ruth Long, recruiter, at RLong@peachealth.org. (Note; this email does not accept resumes or applications)
Thank you for your interest!
- Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
- Understand and apply the principles of asepsis.
- Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
- Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
- Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
- Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist is preferred.
- One year experience as a surgical technologist in a full service operating room preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) preferred.
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to execute detailed procedures with accuracy and precision
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Understanding of operating room protocols
PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 66% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Ketchikan community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Ketchikan, PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center (301)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Temporary
Hourly compensation starts at: $23.40, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Ketchikan || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Technician / Technologist || Temporary || SURGICAL SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.