PeaceHealth - Springfield, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a CNA 2 - Patient Telesitter for a 0.6 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Night shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 165602
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) provides continuous remote monitoring and surveillance/observation of assigned patients. Responsible for verbally redirecting the patient from engaging in at-risk behaviors and summoning the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
- Utilizes nursing assistant skills to provide continuous remote monitoring, support and observation of assigned patients through a Telesitter software system. Coordinates relief when leaving the station, to maintain constant patient observation.
- Maintains visual patient observation at all times. Verbally redirects patient over digital 2-way audio device as needed to ensure patient safety. Summons nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
- Provides patient with explanations as necessary through monitoring system voice output. Escalates to clinical staff on unit.
- If patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others, escalates to clinical staff on the unit.
- Ensures patient’s primary language, if other than English, is assigned in system.
- Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues and ensures patient environment safety. Seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to charge nurse. Escalates any patient safety hazard identified in room to clinical staff or unit.
- Participates in safe patient hand-off at break or change of shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Successful completion of monitoring equipment class within 1 month of hire.
- One year of patient care experience, preferably in an acute care setting.
- CNA 2 certification required.
- Current Basic Life Support certification.
- Capable of continuous monitoring of multiple patients on one screen at one time and remaining alert at all time while on duty.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with patients using a microphone and headset.
- Ability to communicate with hospital staff and respond quickly to patient behavioral changes.
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged and or extensive sitting, standing, and walking.
- Ability to use discretion and courtesy when working with patients, visitors, and staff.
- Efficiency in multitasking, and ability to prioritize simultaneous situations.
- Proficient computer skills with ability to navigate windows-based environment.
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $17.05, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Certified Nurse Assistant 2 - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, LPN || Part Time || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.