PeaceHealth - Longview, WA
Req ID: 161472
PeaceHealth is seeking a full time Psychiatrist to join St. John Medical Center.
At PeaceHealth, Our Vision is that every person receives safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch. PeaceHealth is seeking an outstanding Psychiatrist to join a practice that is flexible on the inpatient and outpatient split based on candidate preference. Longview, Washington is perfectly nestled in between Portland and Seattle. If you are looking for a community that offers amazing outdoor recreation but enjoy quick access to big city amenities, then our rural practice could be a great place for you! Click Here to watch a YouTube video about St. John Medical Center and connect with us on Facebook or LinkedIn! This employment opportunity offers up to $200,000 in Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify.
Why you’ll love the Practice:
- Join a team of 4 psychiatrists, 4 Nurse Practitioners, 3 Licensed Clinical Social Workers, 2 Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Nurses and ancillary staff. Treat both voluntary and involuntary patients ages 18 and over with acute psychiatric and behavioral disturbances requiring the safety of a locked 22 bed unit. Provide consultation and liaison services throughout the hospital and outpatient services for all ages provided on a campus within 2 minutes of the hospital.
- Also provided:
- Integrated behavioral health services in primary care
- Opioid detoxification and treatment through a buprenorphine (suboxone) program
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Clinic Schedule: Monday to Thursday 8 - 6, Friday 8 -5 and closed Saturday & Sunday.
- Call Schedule: 1:4, Inpatient call pool 1 day week and 1 weekend per month is an option (flexibility within call schedule) w/extra call availability for additional stipend.
Experiencing Longview, WA:
- Forbes Magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River, Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument and many beautiful local parks. Lake Sacajawea, directly across from St. John Medical Center is in the heart of Longview. The gravel trail goes all the way around the lake and is just under 4 miles. There are many trees, birds, otters, and duck families. Longview is also just a short one hour drive to coastal Astoria, Oregon.
- Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population ~60,000 residents. Our area has many locally-owned specialty restaurants and national chains such as Target, Macy’s, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart. Along with a variety of grocery shopping options, Safeway, Winco, Grocery Outlet, and in April - October the Cowlitz Community Farmers Market. Golf is also a popular sport in the local area, Longview Country Club, Mint Valley, and Three Rivers Golf Course.
- The Cowlitz Indian Tribe, a federally recognized tribe, of Cowlitz people, is headquartered in Longview.
PeaceHealth St. John, Cowlitz County Community Profile. St. John, a 346-bed hospital Level III Trauma Center with a service area over 100k. Offers dozens of medical specialty services and programs including emergency, trauma, heart, behavioral health, bone and joint, cancer, birthing and women’s services.
- Critical Care Unit received Beacon Award for Excellence, American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Stroke Program - Recognized by the American Heart Association with a Bronze Achievement Award for patient care and outcomes
- Kearney Breast Center - Designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by American College of Radiology (ACR).
PeaceHealth Benefits & Culture:
- Competitive compensation guarantee, a generous signing bonus and relocation assistance.
- Up to $200,000 in Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify.
- PeaceHealth provides fully paid malpractice insurance, Life and Disability insurances.
- Exceptional retirement plans, two excellent health coverage options, plus vision, dental and supplemental options.
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit options and up to $400 annually in incentives for healthy lifestyles.
- Integrated physician-led medical group.
- Click here to view: PeaceHealth System At a Glance, along with our benefits offered, please visit our homepage www.peacehealth.org/careers
Referral Bonus Eligible
Location: Longview, LCR Broadway Campus (101)
Job Category: Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician
Work Type: Full Time
Posting Notes: Longview || Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician ||Physicians || Full Time || BEHAVIORAL HLTH SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.