PeaceHealth - Longview, WA
Seeking an Experienced Vascular Surgeon in scenic SW Washington State!
Req ID: 159727
PeaceHealth Medical Group is seeking an experienced Vascular Surgeon to join its General Surgery practice in Longview, Washington (PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center). If you thrive in the great outdoors but enjoy quick access to big city amenities, our practice would be a great place for you!
We are looking for candidates who are at least 3 years post training. Board Certification in Vascular Surgery is highly sought. Will accept General Surgery with Vascular skillset on a case-by-case basis.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- Join an established team of 6 surgeons and 2 physician assistants
- 100% Vascular practice, General Surgery cases are optional
- Team has a wide variety practice (General, Colorectal, Breast and Vascular)
- High-need area with a large volume of vascular pathology
- Great flexibility in the practice and procedure focus
- Large growth and development potential
- Procedures include, but not limited to: dialysis access, endarterectomy, carotid, AAA and elective veins
- Excellent working relationship with Interventional Radiology and Cardiology
- 5 OR staffed on a regular basis
- 4-day work week with flexible OR block time scheduling
- Call schedule is 1:4
- Large catchment area
Why you’ll love Longview:
- Our Providers are deeply integrated with the community and have a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Forbes magazine listed Longview as one of the prettiest towns in America due to its proximity to the Columbia River and Mount St. Helens and beautiful local parks.
- Our town is situated 45 miles north of the Portland metro area and 120 miles south of Seattle.
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mount St. Helens, as well the never-ending outdoor recreational options in the Pacific Northwest.
- Longview and the neighboring community of Kelso have a combined population over 57k, so you’ll skip the trip to the larger cities for your shopping and dining needs. Our area has many locally-owned specialty restaurants and shops plus national chains such as Target, Macy’s and Home Depot, and a variety of grocery shopping options.
- Longview has affordable, brand new housing well below the prices of the nearby metros.
- We are the headquarters for the Cowlitz Indian Tribe which lends its name to the county.
- Longview was founded near the Columbia River which supports the thriving lumber and marine industries that still exist there today.
- Washington State has no income tax.
- PeaceHealth St. John Medical Center is a 346-bed hospital with Level III trauma center
- Recognized with a Beacon Award for critical care outcomes
- Over 250 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally to more than 180,000 patients per year
- The service area for this community is over 100k
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- Medical home model with care teams and EPIC EMR
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
- CME reimbursement and relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Educational Loan Reimbursement for those who qualify
- Excellent health coverage options plus vision and dental
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit options and up to $400 in incentives for healthy lifestyles
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Seth A Lidren.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Location: Longview, LCR Delaware Campus (103)
Job Category: Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician
Work Type: Full Time
Posting Notes: Longview || Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician ||Physicians || Full Time || SURGERY SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.