Sodexo Feed - Cleveland, OH
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!
Join our team in Cleveland, OH!
Sodexo is hiring a Distributive Energy Plant Maintenance Director with experience working in an industrial/utilities plant environment at our client, Medical Center Company (MCCo) located in Cleveland, Ohio. MCCo is a distributed energy facility that provides utility services to their members as a district energy system within the Cleveland, OH market.
The Maintenance Director will ensure that the power plant's mechanical, electrical, and control and instrument equipment is maintained in a safe, reliable, and efficient operating condition. This applies during day-to-day operations, scheduled outages, and forced outages. The Maintenance Director directs employees and contractors in the repair, maintenance, and improvement of plant mechanical, electrical, and control and instrument equipment. Evaluate plant maintenance requirements and coordinate related work with other plant departments.
Key Responsibilities: Duties include but, not limited to:
- Assist the Plant Management in the development and implementation of an active safety culture, integrating a daily behavior-based process throughout the organization. Assist in the development of safety system experts to ensure strict compliance with OSHA regulations. Become a key player in the development, implementation and daily utilization of Job Safety Analyses (JSAs). Lead and support a safety culture of continuous improvement.
- Directs the plant's maintenance function by scheduling, assigning, directing, and monitoring maintenance work activities to ensure that work is performed in a safe, timely, and productive manner on both a daily and long term schedule utilizing MAXIMO as the computerized maintenance management system.
- Integrate quality control/assurance, as well as, job and safety plans in all major maintenance activities.
- Provide maintenance training for the maintenance technicians by presenting instruction on job-related skills and proper equipment repair procedures. Ensure that safety is built into each job and work is performed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Implement the System Expert program and have your team members become a subject matter expert in assigned individual and team systems.
- Determine plant maintenance requirements using MAXIMO to develop and implement the preventive, predictive, condition based, and reliability maintenance programs, as well as, evaluating maintenance work requests and coordinate manpower needs, work prioritizing, parts procurement and equipment scheduled outages.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager/Director to perform short-range and long-range planning for scheduled and forced outages by co-leading plant planning meetings and formulating schedules and plans to minimize equipment downtime and ensure timely, efficient and safe repairs.
- Coordinate maintenance work interfaces with other plant departments to accomplish repairs in a timely and safe manner.
- Prepare and maintain various reports and records required to verify the completion of plant maintenance work and provide historical information for future maintenance planning.
- Investigate and study new ideas, methods and technology related to power plant maintenance. Recommend and implement improvements, which will maximize the efficiency of maintenance work and reduce future maintenance requirements.
- Prepare, recommend and monitor maintenance plans, O&M and capital budgets to ensure that adequate funds are available for annual mechanical, electrical, and control and instrument maintenance requirements.
- Provide guidance and assistance to employees in the preparation of maintenance work requests. Review Work Orders for completeness and accuracy and ensure that Work Orders are properly entered and closed out in the Maximo System.
- Facilitate root cause failure analysis as needed utilizing the currently acceptable tool. Implement countermeasures to prevent recurrence of events.
- Assist in the redesign and/or modifications of plant equipment to improve the operation of a device or system.
- Develops and maintains both short term (annual), long term (5 year) maintenance budgets along with collaboration on the Capital Budgets utilizing preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance techniques. Develop and submit, on a monthly and annual basis, variance explanations and re-forecasts.
- Coordinate the planning and ordering of spare parts and maintaining the warehouse inventories, utilizing MAXIMO, as required supporting the facility.
- Responsible for contractor bids/selection, contractor safety programs, project management for BOP maintenance activities.
- Ability to be on call 24/7 days a week.
The ideal candidate would possess the following or equivalent:
- 10-15 years working in Maintenance with planning/scheduling and outage management experience at a power plant, large energy distribution facility, or industry.
- BS in Engineering or Technical Field preferred (years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable)
- Strong Computer application knowledge (i.e. Microsoft Office suites), Maximo experience preferred
- Strong ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and complex technical procedures/manuals.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to work from heights as required (ladder, scaffolding, sky climber, etc.) Ability to work in confined spaces as required, Ability to lift, push, pull and carry heavy objects as required, Walking, standing, bending, and climbing as required
- Respirator qualified
- CPR/First Aid/AED qualified
- Certified Industrial Truck, Aerial Lifts, Rigging/Lifting
- Working Conditions: Work includes time in an office environment, as well as, in a power plant which may be hot, cold, dusty, noisy, inside building, and outdoor in all climates.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.