Indigo - Boston, MA
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The Data Intelligence team at Indigo captures, integrates, and visualizes complex scientific datasets to speed R+D and product development at Indigo. This requires data engineers to effectively enable support for R+D data processes. We are looking for someone with experience in handling, integrating and visualizing complex data sets. The candidate should also have experience in implementing quality control processes for experimental data including developing and training on tools for evaluating key performance indicators for data generating processes in the company. The ideal candidate will have experience with and strong interest in scientific data and empathy for customers working in R+D functions.
- Review and understand all existing R&D databases and data pipeline needs, and create prioritized map of needed pipelines to build and improve
- Create prioritized list of needed data dashboarding apps, in collaboration with head of data intelligence; plan implementation
- Harden and update existing code into reusable pipelines and tools for data intelligence team
- Ensure smooth operation of all R&D data pipelines
- Support prototyping of new visuals, data dashboarding and upload tools & apps, and data analytic pipelines
- Contribute to long-term Data Intelligence strategy development
- Proficient in building and supporting ETL and data analytic pipelines
- Able to build intuitive visualizations (preferably using dashboard/app development tools such as R Shiny, Dash, Flask)
- Superior communication skills; able to understand user needs and requirements
- Able to prioritize conflicting demands and understand user needs
- Interacts well with engineering and product management
- Works well in cross-functional environments with frequent context switching and can keep cross-functional projects moving
- Passion for concise and thorough documentation
- Comfortable with ambiguity and challenging company goals
- Able to work independently and drive to solutions with minimal direction
- 5+ years experience with data engineering, data management, data operations or analytics OR equivalent combination of relevant masters/PHD + industry experience
- Broad science or industry experience preferred (data science, tech, life sciences, etc.); experience working with scientific research data or engineering process development data
- Fluency in Python, SQL; experience in R is a plus
- Professional experience with github and AWS
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Experience working in fast-paced, quickly pivoting environment
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.