Brookfield Residential - Colorado, CO
The Superintendent coordinates and is responsible for all site construction activities. He/She supervises all field personnel (i.e. staff and subcontractors), as required, to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality of workmanship, while administrating good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
- Control all aspects of construction for homes, from excavation to certificate of occupancy. This includes: review the project plans, specifications, all drawings, site plans and engineering drawings prior to commencement of construction; comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems; prepare all cut sheets prior to excavation for concrete foundations.
- Supervise construction activity for each home on a daily basis, ensuring all customizations ordered by the purchaser are complete. Update and maintain construction schedules on a daily basis, ensuring all stages of construction are completed within their deadlines.
- Coordinate labor force on site. Includes scheduling and coordinating all trades, subcontractors, suppliers, and utilities for each home. Ensure all on site trades and subcontractors comply with all Building Codes at all times.
- Coordinate all required inspections for each home (i.e. Building Department, Engineers, Region, ESA, etc.). Ensure all inspections are complete, and receive an Occupancy Certificate from the local Municipality, prior to the closing of each home.
- Ensure compliance with Brookfield Homes’ Health and Safety Policy at all times on the job site. Maintain a clean and safe job site at all times ensuring that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety legislation are enforced.
- Review and accept the general conditions budget. Maintain the budget. Invoice approval, on a weekly basis, of work completed, so that payment can be issued.
- Perform homebuyer walk-thru and manage warranty period for one year.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Site Superintendent / Assistant Superintendent on commercial, residential, or industrial building construction.
- Multi family single family attached building
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge in reading and understanding working drawings.
- Experience in ordering, scheduling, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.
- Working knowledge of computers
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.