DraftKings - Boston, MA
We're reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
LOVE DATA? WE DO TOO.
DraftKings is growing quickly and we're looking for a data science manager to help lead members of the team and influence our business roadmap. This is in part a technical role, but importantly you'll be also mentoring direct reports, collaborating across teams, and creatively finding solutions to all of our data challenges. Sound good to you? Join us.
What You'll Do:
- Take ownership in growing members of the data science team to be successful in building and deploying algorithms that solve important business problems
- Help direct reports with data research and algorithm design, including guidance around when to use and how to apply machine learning and other quantitative techniques
- Guide direct reports in designing technical solutions to integrate new models and systems into our data science technical environment
- Collaborate with business leads across the company to plan and execute valuable data science projects
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high quality work that aligns with DraftKings engineering strategy
What You'll Need:
- Experience managing and mentoring direct reports, from technical guidance to aiding in career development
- You have experience as the lead on a development team where you were responsible for everything from project planning to delivering key features
- Expertise in a programming language like Python, Java, C#, or C++.Understanding of quantitative methods, notably writing code to navigate machine learning and data analysis
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-experts
- You will also need an intuitive sense of how quantitative work aligns with business priorities
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we're great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech's most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We're proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We'll never discriminate against anyone's background or creed. If you're good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.