PeaceHealth - Florence, OR
CNA2 Bridge Training Program
Attention Oregon CNAs! Are you a CNA looking to get your CNA2 license? PeaceHealth can help!
At Peace Harbor Medical Center, we have an exciting career opportunity for eager CNAs interested in making the leap into acute care! In partnership with a local vendor, PeaceHealth not only pays for this position’s CNA2 training program and the CNA’s hours worked during the program, but also provides hotel lodging/accommodations support as needed during orientation and CNA2 training.
Qualifications for the program include:
- CNA – Oregon
- Previous CNA experience strongly preferred
- Ability to complete the program prior to working the unit
To learn more, please continue reading and apply today!
PeaceHealth is seeking a CNA 2 Training Program - Medical/Surgical for a 0.8 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Variable shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 178913
Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
- Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
- Documents relevant patient care data
- May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved Certified Nursing Assistant program required. Oregon West Network: CNA level II certification required at time of hire.
- Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification level as required by state or facility. Oregon West Network: CNA level II certification required at time of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers, and physicians.
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
OWN/Peace Harbor Medical Center - CNA II Training Program:
- Oregon CNA level II certification required at time of hire, OR
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification-Oregon, AND
- Oregon CNA level II certification required following completion of approved CNA II training program sponsored by Peace Harbor Medical Center:
- CNA level II certification required within 7 days following training completion. Caregiver will be unable to work in unit until CNA level II certification is active.
- Minimum of one year related experience required.
PEACE HARBOR FLORENCE-PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Florence community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Florence, Peace Harbor Hospital (507)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $15.88, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Certified Nurse Assistant 2 - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.