PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Applications Systems Analyst - Epic ClinDoc/Stork for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 178658
Responsible for the design, analysis, implementation and maintenance of computer-based information systems. Installs, troubleshoots, maintains and modifies application software. Works as part of a team consisting of IST and client department caregivers to ensure systems are developed, installed and maintained for optimizing departmental resources.
1. Leads projects associated with application implementation and execution of moderate complexity and size. May assist Sr. Analyst with larger more complex projects. Applies project management methodology and utilizes standard project management for software in development and maintenance of project plans.
2. Review and understands system options and specifications of applications and utilizes the specifications as applicable to make recommendations on use.
3. Consults with customers to understand workflows, processes, data collection, reports details and other technical issues associated with software as they relate to system design and build decisions that support the department's function and goals.
4. Analyzes design alternatives and makes appropriate design decisions. Designs, validates and confirms new or changed functionality with the application environment that meets customer specifications. Understands and translates the business/department functionality into Application configurations and workflow validations. May require guidance from Sr. Analysts.
5. Builds, tests, and debugs application to ensure the system meets end-user requirements. Participates in building complete testing plans to validate system parameters and functionality performs as specified.
6. Identify and resolve moderately complex issues independently. May require guidance and mentorship from Sr. analyst for resolution. Assists Sr. Analyst in resolution of complex issues.
7. Completes assigned application deployment, management and testing tasks.
8. Assists application and technical team in the on-going management of user request, issues, clinical application problems, and delivery of application enhancements.
9. Maintains project documentation including resources used, decisions, outcomes, agreements etc
10. Works with vendors as appropriate to ensure smooth operation of products, reporting and resolution of issues.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, clinical, or business discipline; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
- Three years progressive healthcare industry experience required.
- Two years’ experience with hospital software or hardware technology including designing, configuring, training, or implementing applications required.
- Healthcare operations background is desirable.
- Experience with clinical and business workflow analysis for development of electronic solutions within assigned application required.
- Experience organizing and managing detailed information and working with teams required.
- Epic certification/experience highly preferred; may be required within a specific time parameter post hire.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration to practice in trained clinical area as required by State preferred.
- Knowledge of operational healthcare hospital workflows.
- Knowledge of system configuration, data tools and concepts, application implementations, optimization, report writing, or related applicable skill set preferred.
- Understanding of systems analysis concepts, techniques, industry best practices, tools and standards.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to work independently in an environment with multiple work demands and focus on detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to accommodate varying levels of travel to attend meetings, implementations and customer support activities.
- Utilize software change management, process improvement and quality planning methods in all phases of work.
SYSTEM – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Shared Services Center (802)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Business, Administrative & Facilities || IT & Health Information Management || Full Time || IS ADMINISTRATION
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.