PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Assistant General Counsel for a 1 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of Variable.
Req ID: 173472
Responsible for providing a variety of legal services focused primarily on corporate transactions in support of PeaceHealth including its operating units, subsidiaries and related organizations. Serves in a highly independent role supporting the strategy team, with oversight of significant merger and acquisitions related legal transactions impacting the organization.
- Provides independent guidance and counsel with regards to significant mergers and acquisitions focused legal transactions affecting PeaceHealth.
- Drafts, analyzes and provides advice regarding legal matters and negotiating on mergers and acquisitions transactional matters.
- Provides legal advice and oversight in the area of mergers and acquisitions. Manages relationship with outside law firms as needed.
- Provides legal services in due diligence of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, affiliations and partnership opportunities.
- Prepares, reviews, and edits legal documents and filings.
- Participates in training outreach on legal issues.
- Conducts legal research and analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Juris-Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Minimum of 7 years of transactional practice experience. Legal experience in a healthcare related setting preferred.
- Significant experience and knowledge with mergers and acquisitions required.
- Litigation oversight experience desired.
- Knowledge of healthcare law, corporate law, and business transactions law.
- Admission to state bar association required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Proven ability to engage multiple constituencies with dignity and respect.
- Technical proficiency in Word and database management
SYSTEM PHYSICAL & COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Shared Services Center (802)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $DOE, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: N/A
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Leadership || Executive Leadership || Full Time || LEGAL SERVICES
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.