PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Neuropsychologist - Outpatient Rehab for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 165907
This clinician will work primarily in the outpatient and inpatient rehabilitation services at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Eugene, Oregon. The individual will be responsible for conducting neuropsychological testing of a wide variety of patients from adolescents through adults. The selected individual will also be able to provide occasional pre and post-surgical evaluation in movement disorders.
The outpatient rehab department offers a unique opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team of OT, PT and Speech Therapists. The inpatient rehab department offers the same and the role of the neuropsychologist includes guidance to the Rehab team for behavior management on the Rehab unit.
Provides neuropsychological testing and consultation, counseling, assistance in behavioral management, and relevant education for patients and families. Provides these services to rehabilitation inpatients as member of an interdisciplinary team. Provides testing and consultation to inpatients on acute medical floors and to outpatients on a scheduled basis.
1. Gathers referral and history information.
2. Administers appropriate neuropsychological measures, scores and interprets findings.
3. Documents findings according to standards of the State Board, the hospital and accepted practice.
4. Creates plan for continued psychology/neuropsychology assessment and intervention as needed.
5. Provides guidance and input to the treatment team, based on patient observation, interviews and test results.
6. Provides clinical consultation to staff, and assists with staff and student training.
7. Provides counseling services and follow-up per patient care needs.
8. Attends rounds, family conferences and care team conferences/meetings
9. Provides support and education to patients and families.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology or related field considered equivalent by the State’s Board of Psychologist Examiners is required.
- Residence and experience as required for licensure.
- Requires 1 year supervised pre-doctoral internship and 2 years supervised postdoctoral fellowship in neuropsychology; and/or certification by the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology (Diplomate).
- Prefer experience in inpatient neurological rehabilitation, hospital-based neuropsychological and psychological consultation, outpatient neuropsychological evaluation, and/or medical psychology (e.g., pain management; adjustment to disability).
- Current state licensure as required, or license-eligible.
- Certification by the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology (American Board of Professional Psychology) is preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Required to cover services in several settings – Inpatient/Acute care at 2 hospitals, including the inpatient psychiatric unit; Inpatient Rehabilitation; and Outpatient Rehabilitation.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Eugene, SHMC at University District (422)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $39.10, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Licensed Psychologist - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.