Talbots - Hingham, MA
This position is responsible for building relationships with and supporting key corporate leaders and supporting their respective functions from a financial perspective. This includes assisting in the annual and seasonal Financial Planning processes for the designated areas, maintaining a rolling forecast based on current business trends, supporting the monthly close process and providing timely and actionable reporting. The analyst is expected to provide ad hoc analysis as business trends dictate and support key operating initiatives.
- Partners with business leaders and FP&A leadership to execute the annual budget process and manage forecast update processes.
- Maintain effective business partnerships to gain insight into business trends and strategic initiatives that impact financial forecasts
- Communicate with the business proactively, clearly and timely. Identifies areas for support to drive fact-based decision-making.
- Monitor operational business spending. Identify and recommend new procedures and/or methodologies to improve productivity, control and profitability.
- Maintains key metrics. Conducts detailed analysis of metrics to create shared understanding between key business partners and to influence positive change.
- Formulates cost benefit analysis for significant expense and capital investments, providing appropriate recommendations.
- Collaborate with finance team to share knowledge and drive overall team performance.
- Support month end close process and variance analysis for respective areas. Proactively identify risks and opportunities based on understanding of key performance metrics and trends in the business.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis as needed to understand business trends.
- MBA preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in Finance from an accredited four year college, acceptable
- 5-7 years progressive experience in a Retail Company in the Finance, FP&A or Planning organization
- Advance experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and data warehouse / database applications. Oracle / Hyperion experience preferred.
- Fluent in the creation and maintenance of Financial modeling through Excel
- Ability to establish trust and credibility to work independently or to collaborate across functions to deliver required business results
- Ability to be persuasive with details, facts and supporting data.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with peers, across departments and use those relationships to execute and influence business strategy
- Quick learner with superior time management, project management and problem solving skills.
- Data and detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for presenting information and responding to questions from internal and external parties
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage commitments to completion within desired timeframe to meet deadlines
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic retail environment
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.