PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Social Worker - Palliative Care for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 175380
Responsible for the provision of direct social work service in Home Health and/or Hospice utilizing the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning, action/intervention and clinical goal/outcome evaluation.
- Providing direct casework services to clients related to their medical/psychiatric diagnosis, including biopsychosocial assessment, assisting with long-term planning and decision making, crisis intervention and short-term therapy.
- Performing holistic evaluation of patient/home, developing an appropriate plan of care, initiating discharge planning, evaluating progress towards goals and monitoring achievement of desired outcomes.
- Providing skilled social work services to patients and education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home care/hospice plan of treatment.
- Performing holistic assessment and, as clinical indicated, coordinating and modifying the plan of care with the patient, caregiver, case manager, primary physician and other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
- Evaluating patient/home environment as related to holistic healthcare/social needs and making appropriate referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indicated in collaboration with the case manager and primary physician.
- Coordinating social work services, collaborating and communicating with other members of the inter/multi-disciplinary team to assure an appropriate and smooth flow of care/services for the patient through the care continuum.
- Evaluating, reviewing, and revising the patient’s social work plan of care on a regular basis and, as clinically indicated, taking prompt action in response to changes in the patient’s health condition in collaboration with the case manager.
- As part of on-going discharge planning and care coordination, evaluating interventions and outcomes of social work services by reviewing goals set in plan of care utilizing plan of care and physician’s orders.
- Providing services to a generally adult patient/caregiver population and given area of clinical specialty and skill. May also provide services to pediatric population.
- Providing services to all patients utilizing appropriate universal infection control precautions and practices (standard and transmission based precautions), including individuals with communicable diseases.
- For incorporation into the home care/hospice record, provide skilled and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.
- Performing quality/outcome oriented home visits and other job duties according to Agency productivity standards.
- Proactively initiating and participating in patient care inter/multi-disciplinary case conferences and meetings, as well as education and in-service programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work required.
- Minimum of two year experience in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community health, welfare, and social agencies is required.
- Commensurate with educational preparation, demonstrates the ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs for nursing care.
- BLS required.
- A valid applicable state driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
- Minimum requirement is LMSW (Licensed Masters Social Worker) or CSWA (Clinical Social Work Associate).
- LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) also meets licensure requirement but exceeds minimum requirement.
- Collaborative/cooperative working and communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of patients and caregivers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexible and able to function independently.
REGION / LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES:
PHOR – Office based Medical Social Worker (in addition to above Essential Functions):
- Assisting clinical staff with assessment of patients and facilitates communication with the IDT, physician and other members of the community healthcare team.
- Assisting staff with development of patient specific interdisciplinary care plans including skilled and non-skilled interventions, measurable and finite goals/outcomes and realistic/appropriate discharge plan.
- Assisting in coordinating services to ensure efficiency in the delivery of patient care services, Agency systems/operations, cost-effectiveness, and timely/accurate communication.
- Assisting in evaluating patient/home environment as related to holistic health care/social needs and making appropriate referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indicated in collaboration with the case manager, MSW and primary physician.
This is a category II job classification per OSHA standards. Normal work involves no exposure to blood borne pathogens, but exposure may be occasionally required.
EUGENE PHYSICAL / COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
Location: Eugene, Physician & Surgeons North Building (428)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $29.97, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Drivers License; Medical Social Worker - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.