PeaceHealth - Springfield, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a Environmental Services Attendant I for a per diem, Day shift position.
Req ID: 166436
This position is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing rooms, floors, fixtures and furnishings in assigned work area following established policies and procedures. Also, responsible for performing other miscellaneous housekeeping duties such as replenishing supplies.
1. Ensure that assigned areas are cleaned and disinfected according to departmental procedures. This may include dusting; mopping; vacuuming; spot cleaning carpets; washing walls, ceilings, furniture and fixtures; emptying trash; restocking supplies; washing and making beds.
2. May set up furniture in conference rooms.
3. Maintain housekeeping cart, restock paper receptacles, replace sharps containers, and orders supplies essential to the job. Clean and store equipment properly.
4. Respond to emergency cleaning needs or housekeeping requires in a timely manner.
5. In clinical areas, communicate with clinical personnel to determine priority of cleaning needs.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year formal housekeeping experience preferred; experience in hospital or healthcare setting preferred.
- Depending on facility assigned to, may require valid driver’s license.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
Region/Location Specific Notes:
SHMC – Riverbend Operating Room:
- Project cleaning, such as defrosting and cleaning refrigerators, surgical cart and furniture cleaning.
- Operating Room Turnover, - will coordinate and document room turnovers to ensure they are cleaned and disinfected between surgical cases.
- Stocking and maintaining turnover supplies
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental Services Technician (EST) assignment.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities
Shift Length: 8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $13.03, more depending on experience
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Business, Administrative & Facilities ||Environmental Services/Facilities || Per Diem/Relief || FACILITIES SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.