PeaceHealth - Eugene, OR
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Clinic - Float (Per Diem) for a per diem, Day shift position.
Req ID: 178142
This per-diem position will float between all AFM Anticoagulation clinics in Eugene/Springfield.
Provides professional nursing care to patients in the clinic/outpatient setting in compliance with professional practice standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs. This includes assessing patient’s condition, triaging patient phone calls, counseling patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and monitoring patient vital signs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise noted)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- One year of experience as a registered nurse preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS may be required within a standard grace from hire or transfer period, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications
- Effective prioritization skills
- Ability to provide health education to patients, staff and community
- Knowledge of Medicare, JCAHO & HCFA regulations pertaining to ambulatory care
PHMG - PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
Location: Eugene, Physician & Surgeons South Building (427)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: Other
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Hourly compensation starts at: $33.62, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.