PeaceHealth - Vancouver, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Facilities Support Services - Columbia for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of Variable.
Req ID: 179100
Responsible for responsibilities for the areas of Facilities Maintenance & Engineering, Security, Environment of Care, and Facility capital planning. Responsible for quality, service and to ensure that all facilities in the network are compliant to all state and federal regulations and provide a safe environment for patients, their families and our Caregivers. Plans, organizes and directs the efficient utilization of facilities management resources, staff, facilities and equipment in support of the mission of PeaceHealth.
Areas of daily operational responsibility include:
- Maintenance planning - Responsible facility and equipment maintenance for all healthcare sites within assigned specific network of care. Has a matrix accountability to both the System Vice President of Facilities & Construction and the Chief Executive for the assigned network. Plays a critical role on the network executive team and provides management oversight to managers in the departments of Maintenance for all sites in the network.
- Security and Public Safety - Directs, controls, and accountable for the Security and Public Safety functions within the assigned network. Develops long and short-term business strategies/operational plans and oversees implementation. Manages, designs, structures, develops and plans issues within scope of direction.
- Environment of Care and Facility compliance - Oversees the operational activities for Environment of Care and Emergency Management functions within the assigned network. Collaborates with leaders to develop procedures for monitoring the effectiveness and outcomes of activities and implements corrective measures and establishes long range strategies to maintain a safe environment for caregivers, patients and visitors.
- Provides leadership and guidance to promote a professional, safe, secure and clean environment for the optimal delivery of care at all facilities in the assigned network.
- Responsible for the effective facility and equipment maintenance for all healthcare sites within assigned network. Provides management oversight to managers in the departments of Maintenance for all sites in the network
- Directs, controls, and is accountable for the Security and Public Safety functions within the assigned network.
- Oversees the operational activities for Environment of Care and Emergency Management functions within the assigned network. Collaborates with leaders to develop procedures for monitoring the effectiveness and outcomes of activities and implements corrective measures and establishes long range strategies to maintain a safe environment for caregivers, patients and visitors.
- Prepares and administers annual budgets and is responsible for coordinating new construction and renovations, operation, security, maintenance and repair of all facilities and grounds in assigned network.
- Ensures that staffing requirements are understood by executive management and provides leadership to all maintenance, facilities, security, and environment of care staff in the assigned network.
- Partners with System Facilities and Construction to ensure completion of the design, development and implementation of construction and remodeling projects including budgets, bids, specifications and certifications.
- Establishes and administers physical assets control, preventative maintenance procedures and systems covering all buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise stated)
- Bachelor’s degree related to building construction, facilities operations or related field required or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through or a combination of education and professional experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job required.
- Preference given to candidates with an advanced degree in facility management, construction or engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years facility management experience within the healthcare industry is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required.
- Successful oversight of multiple healthcare facility sites is required.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must have and maintain Healthcare Facilities Manager Certification
- Preference given to candidates that are certified as a Healthcare Safety Professional
- Preference given to candidates that are licensed Engineers or Contractors
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Knowledge of facilities, safety and security codes, security applications, and current issues related to employee safety regulations as well as state and local regulatory agencies to ensure continued compliance as necessary.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Must be able to present data, plans, ideas, and information in an effective, organized and compelling manner in a variety of settings to diverse audiences.
- Understanding of HIPPA and safety and security regulations as well as the ability to liaison with city, state, county and federal officials
- Ability to cultivate relationships, rapport, credibility and partnerships across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to be flexible, approachable and inspire trust.
- Ability to manage complex projects in a dynamic and evolving environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient advanced skills in MS Office applications.
PHYSICAL & COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Location: Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $TBD, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: None
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Leadership || Business, Administrative, & Facilities Leadership || Full Time || FACILITIES SVCS
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.