PeaceHealth - Bellingham, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgical Technologist - Operating Room (Part-Time) for a 0.8 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Variable shift with shift durations of Variable.
Req ID: 178989
This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
1. Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
2. Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
3. Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
4. Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
5. Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
6. Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (required unless otherwise designated)
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology school or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- If LPN, graduation from an accredited LPN program is required.
- One year experience as a surgical technologist/LPN in a full service operating room preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Registered Surgical Technologist or LPN license.
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others
- Ability to execute detailed procedures with accuracy and precision
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications
- Understanding of operating room protocols
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
St. Joseph Medical Center
- May be required to provide scheduling support during non-standard business hours.
- May be required to schedule surgical cases.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support
Shift Length: Variable
Work Type: Part Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $22.01, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Surgical Technician - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.