PeaceHealth - Bellingham, WA
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Nurse Float Pool for a 0.9 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Night shift with shift durations of 12 Hours.
Req ID: 178943
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
1. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
2. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
3. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
4. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
5. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- At least one year of recent acute care medical/surgical nursing experience required. Preferred recent float experience. Must meet and maintain all training requirements for specific department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS certification may be required.
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials.
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
St. Joseph Medical Center – Psychiatry PPS:
In the Psychiatry PPS department RNs will only perform a medical assessment, and will not perform the full assessment/intake on a patient unless the RN has the Mental Health Professional (MHP) certification.
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
- Ability to lift, push, pull objects weighing 75 lbs or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work may involve exposure to hazardous medication and/or chemicals and sharp instruments.
- Job duties require intense concentration and attention to detail up to 34-65% of work time.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
Location: Bellingham, St. Joseph Medical Center (216)
Job Category: Nursing
Shift Length: 12 Hours
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $33.45, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.