PeaceHealth - Ketchikan, AK
PeaceHealth is a Per Diem provider in Ketchikan, Alaska!
Req ID: 179291
Have you ever thought about working in Alaska? Here's your chance to provide relief coverage and enjoy this unique community. Assignments are 1-2 weeks, volume is very managable, and our medical center is brand new. You will love Ketchikan!
Just a few of the great things about Ketchikan:
- Housing with world class views! Ketchikan has some amazing housing deals, and no matter where you live there the views are sure to be extraordinary.
- USA Today named Ketchikan the "best city in Alaska to live," noting health outcomes, restaurants, bars, and tourism as some of the top reasons.
- The people of Ketchikan are warm, engaged and welcoming. Those who are new to Ketchikan are amazed at how easy it is to get involved in the community, and in all the help they find getting settled in.
- It’s the “Salmon Capital of the World.” Huge runs of salmon migrate from the ocean in to the local waters. Come experience world class fishing and catch a 30lb King Salmon on your lunch break!
- Kayak the local waters and enjoy some of the most scenic views in the world. Don’t forget to make your way to the seven state parks on the island, too!
- Art and Culture: Home to a diverse population of artists that captures Alaska’s beauty and cultural attributes. You’ll also find frequent theater and musical performances all year long!
- Enjoy incredible seafood cuisine: Not only is the salmon fresh, restaurants serve up some of the best halibut, crab, shrimp, oysters and clams- all of which are locally sourced.
- Schools in Ketchikan are top notch. The city offers educational alternatives with two charter schools and an alternative high school. The island also has a University of Alaska Southeast campus.
- Great access to the lower 48! Just a 90 minute flight from Seattle, with many direct flights daily.
Here's a great video about PeaceHealth and the community of Ketchikan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9BAyyu8ys&feature=youtu.be
See more about Ketchikan, Alaska here: https://visit-ketchikan.com/
**To be considered, candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience. Preferred candidates will have an interest in general orthopedics, sports medicine, and hands.
- Work with another Orthopedic Surgeon, Physician Assistant, and strong medical support staff
- Average of 250 surgeries and 75 total joints per year
- 50/50 inpatient vs. outpatient
- Employed anesthesia team
- 1:3 first call and 1:2 back up call. Call volume is very quiet
- System-wide EPIC EMR
- 1-2 week assignments
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact [[Danny Keo]].
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran, qualified individual with a disability, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Location: Ketchikan, PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center (301)
Job Category: Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.