CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc - Brecksville, OH
CrossCountry Mortgage is more than a mortgage! When we started in 2003, our President and CEO Ronald J. Leonhardt, Jr., had the vision to become a nationwide full-service lender that could provide more to customers — meeting their needs, being there every step of the way, and making home ownership dreams possible and affordable. We’re continuing to expand our nationwide footprint, and we’re not stopping any time soon!
We Care! CrossCountry Mortgage offers eligible employees a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, as well as a 401K with an employer match! We also offer company provided Short-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program and a Wellness Program. Our Corporate office also enjoys a casual dress code, an on-site market cafe, and an upbeat working environment!
The Post-Closer is responsible for coordinating the resolution of conditions identified by the investor during purchase review to enable the loans to be purchased in a timely manner. To resolve conditions, the post-closer is expected to research the loan file, clarify any ambiguity or potential concerns with the investor, determine alternative solutions, work with clients, partner with the appropriate departments to obtain additional or corrected documentation, and request investor exceptions as needed to clear loans for purchase in a timely manner. The Post-Closer uses Investor sites and the LOS system to obtain daily suspense reports, upload documentation to the Investor for curing and purchasing of loans, monitor daily workload, document and provide updates on all conditioned loans in the Post Closers pipeline. Additional responsibilities may be added.
- Pull daily Suspense reports from Investors sites to identify loans that have be suspended for purchased
- Log notification of suspense information in the system documenting the date of the first condition issued on the loan daily upon receipt of the suspense condition and the suspense(s) cure by date.
- Reviews and obtains Clarity from the Investor when needed to determine the suspense item and what the Investor is looking for to cure defect.
- Reviews the closed loan file to determine if suspense item(s) are already in the loan file and submit to the Investor for review and curing of suspense or notify and work with internal and external departments and the clients to obtain needed documentation to cure suspense items timely.
- Log documentation received and upload all suspense documentation received promptly to Investor sites for review and purchasing of the loans.
- Monitor daily condition reports from the investor for updates on suspended loans or new conditions as received
- Notify management when necessary on any issues of salability at an investor
- Monitor time of loans on the warehouse lines and advise Post Closing Manager of those at potential risk for curtailment from the warehouse.
- Monitor a pipeline to ensure all loans shipped are either conditioned or purchased in a timely matter
- Have a strong understanding of Agency and Investor guidelines and overlays
- Provide updates on the status of assigned loans with Investors to Management
- Meet monthly purchased loan goals as determined by management
- Avoid suspense fees incurring on loans be meeting Investor guidelines
- Prepare and provide Post Consummation Closing Disclosures and refund checks as needed following regulatory guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in recent mortgage closing and/or post-closing activities, with an extensive knowledge of Regulatory and Investor guidelines for various loan programs
- Must be able to determine solutions and alternative approaches while still meeting all regulatory and investor guidelines.
- Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills; strong attention to detail is required.
- Must have ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within any given period of time.
- Must have ability to work independently and make decisions as required.
- Must possess knowledge and must have used loan origination and/or servicing systems.
- Excellent customer service skills with internal employees and external vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Professional and courteous.
CrossCountry Mortgage, Inc. offers MORE than a job, we offer a career. Apply now to begin your path to success! https://crosscountrymortgage.com/about-us/careers/apply/
CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. (NMLS3029) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, orientation, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability status or marital status. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC. is an FHA Approved Lending Institution and is not acting on behalf of or at the direction of HUD/FHA or the Federal government. To verify licensing, please visit www.NMLSConsumerAccess.org.
Want to discover the best jobs and companies?
Welcome to the next step in your career
Maia is a daily email with jobs and career advice.
Discover jobs that are a fit for you, with Maia’s smart job matching.